Our Twenty Twenty International (T20I) ratings take into account all matches from the first T20I match on January 5, 1971 till the below mentioned
last update date. To qualify for the rating, a player must have played at least 20 innings against the
Top Teams (TT). TT may be found in the last section of the rating.
*Note: All T20I Ratings are updated till 2022-08-14
The first list simply gives you the batsmen with best averages in T20I Cricket. The second list gives you the batsmen with best Relative Averages (R Ave). How it is calculated is explained in the highlighted sections. Only batsmen with more than 1,000 runs are considered for both lists.
TOP 10 T20I BATSMEN WITH BEST AVERAGES
|9||HE van der Dussen||SA||2018||2022||37||8||0||1044||36.00|
The Comparative Average (C Ave) for batsmen is calculated by taken into account two factors:-
- First is the average of batsmen at particluar positions (1-11) in a decade.
- Second is the average of the opposition bowlers at Home, in Asia or outside Asia; whichever is applicable.
- The average of the opposing team’s bowlers is also calculated by decades.
- Higher C Ave suggests that more runs were given by bowlers in the above mentioned factors.
- Thus it was easier to score runs against those oppositions and in those positions.
- The batsmen’s points will thus be decreased accordingly.
- Lower C Ave means the opposite.
The Relative Average (R Ave) is calculated using the C Ave. Its formula is (Batsman’s Ave/His C Ave)*A Constant Factor. This constant doesn’t affect the rating as it is the same for everone. If your C Ave is comparatively high, your R Ave will be low; which is worse for batsmen. Broadly speaking, the following batsmen will benefit from this system:-
- Opening batsmen, who face the new ball, get a slight advantage.
- Lower order batsmen, whose averages are lower.
- Earlier batsmen also have a slight advantage as runs scored by teams have increased.
- Batsmen who have played more in unfavourable conditions.
- Batsmen who have played more against top opposition than weaker teams.
TOP 10 T20I BATSMEN WITH BEST R AVE
|10||F du Plessis||SA||2012||2020||50||7||1||1528||35.53||35.03|
|DECADE OF MAT||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|