All Test Ratings on the website are from 01/01/1950 onwards. Our ratings are based on conditions and diverse oppositions. Before the above
mentioned date, there were primarily only two teams which dominated cricket. Moreover, matches were of unequal length with some ending in 4 days
and some being timeless. Post 1950, West Indies and South Africa grew as test teams. Moreover, Asian teams India and Pakistan started improving
after 1950 and became compenent at home at least. Performance in Asia and outside Asia are integral to our overall rating.
*Note: All Test Ratings are updated till 2022-06-21
Best Strike Rates
The first list simply gives you the bowlers with best strike rates in Test Cricket since 1950. The second list gives you the bowlers with best Relative Strike Rates (R SR). How it is calculated is explained in the highlighted sections. Only bowlers with more than 100 wickets are considered for both lists.
TOP 25 Pacers WITH BEST STRIKE RATES IN TEST CRICKET
The Comparative Strike Rate (C SR) for bowlers is calculated by taken into account two factors:-
- First is the SR of batsmen in the decades the bowler played.
- Second is the SR of the opposition batsmen at Home, in Asia or outside Asia; whichever is applicable.
- The SR of the opposing team’s batsmen is also calculated by decades.
- Higher C SR suggest that more runs were scored by the batsmen in the above mentioned factors.
- Thus it was difficult to get Wkts and the bowler will benefit from this.
- Lower C SR means the opposite.
The Relative Strike Rate (R SR) is calculated using the C SR. Its formula is (Bowler SR/C SR)*A Constant Factor. This constant doesn’t affect the rating as it is the same for everone. If your C SR is comparatively high, your R SR will be low; which is better for bowlers. Broadly speaking, the following bowlers will benefit from this system:-
- Bowlers who have played more in unfavourable conditions.
- Asian fast bowlers and Non-Asian spin bowlers whereever applicable.
- Bowlers who have played in an era where the batsmen dominated, like the 2000s
- Bowlers who have played more against top opposition than weaker teams.
- Bowlers from the earlier era benefit from R SR.
- This is because more balls were taken to get a Wkt back then as batsmen had better defensive technique.
TOP 25 Pacers WITH BEST R SR IN TEST CRICKET